After evaluating my 2019 season I am doing the following bigger changes:
- Maximizing speed (highest watt/aero combo)
- Big work done on indoor trainer (I do most work on trainer and i had a very comfy pos indoors/big gap to outdoor.
- Neo front wheel block removed to simulate flat/decline riding
- “overkill” handlebar drop to force my self to stay low
- Adjusting seating to new aero position
- Increasing Gear on my NEO ERG to simulate faster speeds (I used to have a higher gear up to a point where my NEO crashed and i got new neo with new cassette, actually had a harder time indoors vs outdoors (FTP/Watt) with lower gearing when i check back.
- Better buildup of CTL/Fitness and TSS controll
- Reducing CTL during base to better stay aligned to rest of season.
- Started to take 1 day off (mondays)
- Biggest trainer rides = 250 TSS instead of 300
- Biggest trainer 2 day weekends = 400 instead of 500
- Doing more longer intervals in SSBase up to 45min
- My SS rides in base have allot higher IF than the original program/last year,
looking forward to hear what big changes you guys have done with training/recovery/nutrition etc.