What's your favorite TrainerRoad workout? Why?

My favourite is Monitor +1. I really know when strength endurance is kicking in when I can complete this workout and feel benefit rather than exhaustion

1 Like

Same boat – first time with TR; just started SSB2, Huff’s in the second week. I did it yesterday and loved it!
It felt soooo good to really open up the engine and wind things up after 6 weeks of sweet spot pace. Don’t want to sound crazy :crazy_face: but I think VO2 intervals are my thing and Huffaker is one of the more solid TR workouts in this zone.

(Also did Ebbetts last week, another lovely treat with the 180% FTP sprint bursts! Feels more like racing every week!)

1 Like

I really like Carson. I like to do some of the shorter intervals at 50RPM to do some on the bike strength training at the start of the week.

2 Likes

Collins +1 is among them. A good slow burner w/ 3 kickers for good measure.

3 Likes

It would be pretty cool to have a list of workouts completed and amount of times done with the ftp it was done at in a list.
:smile:

Carson and variants seem to be my go too. I think it’s because it’s most like my outdoor rides.

When I was on a dumb trainer, I used to tend to pick steady easy rides, like Petite and Carter - now with erg mode baxter (and variants) is my go to extra or under the weather workouts.

I love 3x20 at threshold and Galena +2.

There. I said it.

6 Likes

Red Kaweah

Love/Hate.

4 mins at 95,100,105% with 60,120,180 seconds of recovery at 50,55,60% between them. x 4.

Slowly suffocate come the end.

Thought process generally tends to go 'Cool, got this, **** ’ to begin with and inevitably just becomes ‘****, ****, ****!’ :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes! Galena has been a breakthrough workout for me - it demonstrates how much work you can do and how much you’ve improved. Not got it scheduled for a while… lots of sweet spot base to complete first.

Mount Goode is another fine choice for 97-99% ‘fun’ :laughing:

3 Likes

Just making sure you knew how to see at least part of this data. FTP is not visible, which is a bummer, but you can see it if you open the workout individually.

Open the source workout (not a specific workout that you performed but a template workout from the Workouts list).

For example, I used McAdie Log In to TrainerRoad

Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see “My Rides.” Voila!

Ah, Thanks. That’s better than nothing. Cheers!

Solomons. It’s 90 minutes that feels really productive and feels like you did something.

3 Likes

Pretty sure this is etched onto my tombstone.

Doc: Yup, he was killed by Red Kaweah.
Wife: OMG! I didn’t even know he was sick!
Doc: Uh, ma’am…

8 Likes

I :heart: Spencer

Home. Sweet. Home.

:heart_eyes:

I actually quite like the higher IF variations of Echo. You spend a lot of time in Sweet Spot without any breaks - I find it confidence building and productive. Even though the lack of breaks can make it difficult, I find that I can recover from them fairly well.

Just finished Pendleton today. Hard is an appropriate word to describe it. It was quite the mental battle in the last two intervals.

But yes, feeling very accomplished today!

3 Likes

Do I need a smart watch for training?

Not at all. Why would you?

I use Carson a lot as a kickstarter when my fitness has fallen off.

As my SS ability increases, my absolute favorite is Starr King. While I love the idea of doing it at full ftp, doing it at 95% gives almost the same stimulus but let’s you recover so much faster.

For over/unders, Warlow is my go-to. I find that 9-minute, 2:1 intervals are more comfortable mentally. You can talk your way through it. The 12-minute variations challenge my ability to BS myself.

1 Like

I have got a workout that I have created myself after advice from a local “pro”
It is 20 min SS@95% with 4 15 second spikes @120 %.
I do this when i need to make a big one before work travels etc. I often just do the first 2x20 mins. For this one i had several backpedals.