What's your favorite TrainerRoad workout? Why?

Possibly a controversial choice. It’s a big beautiful monster and it’s incredibly satisfying to complete.

9 Likes

Carillon, especially the +2 version. Not to tough but nice and varied for SS and makes 90 minutes fly by.

2 Likes

Antelope +5 is my go to Sunday workout currently. It adds just enough SS work (7X10 @88-94%) to keep you honest without affecting tomorrow too much. :metal:

1 Like

I find the symmetrical power/cadence pattern in Tunnabora very satisfying.

7 Likes

Excellent choice. I did +2 the other day, and the last 30mins were…fun. Have you given Pendleton a go?

1 Like

I really like Eichorn in all its simplicity. Great when I’m time crunched or just too mentally fatigued to complete a tough workout, but still enough to feel like a solid session.

2 Likes

I love all versions of Carillon. I use the “regular” one as a metric to gauge my fitness/fatigue levels pretty regularly.

1 Like

I really like doing Basin+1 even though I rarely do it.

I really like Lola. It has me thinking only 30min left, only, 15min left, only 5min left, only 1 min left, oh thank God it’s over. Not a time trailing either. Maybe I should look into it :man_shrugging:t3:

Palisade is my favourite :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Mallory (and it’s variants) is very good.

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/1583-mallory

I also like Gabb.

I like Dans -15.

2 Likes

The rest days.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of North Pack and the similar workouts.

3 Likes

That’s because you’re a one man peloton.:slightly_smiling_face:

As you can see Carson -2 is my go to test my fitness. :stuck_out_tongue:

I try to improve by applying progress overload and upping the power every week.

Hi all,

Just a quick thread on what people have found to be effective, enjoyable (if you can enjoy intervals :joy:) and the improvements you’ve made with them?

I like Guard quite a bit, especially early in the season. Closer to race season love a good over/ under, Carpathian Peak is a fun one to mix it up on the trainer, but also like more traditional ones on the road.

Dade 3+

Like the simplicity + really good anaerobic and vo2max benefits
Even though it’s shorter intervals, I definitely think this one boosted my ftp a lot over the time I’ve used TR

2 Likes

Xalibu is a good one! It’s a staple of my CX specialty training.