Who's training on Christmas day then?

Come on guys and gals - fess up, who’s planning to train on Christmas day?
I’m going to jump on the trainer in the evening of the big day. The wife is on a nights (she’s a nurse) and the children are still young enough to pack off to bed early
Should be a good work out with a belly full of turkey and mince pies :muscle:

7 Likes

I’m down for Carillon.

No kids, family on the other side of the world and trying to get my weight down,. I’ve ridden on Christmas Day most years for the last 25.

3 Likes

Pettit+1 is on the calendar. We’ll be between four houses from 9-3, so it’s a busy day. Hopefully I’ll get a nap and then hit it in the evening.

1 Like

My last week has been pretty tough with work. So I’ve been trying to make up for it. I’m away from my trainer for the holidays, but have access to an airdyne bike (yes!!)

Yesterday I did a 30 min threshold ride, today I did strength training, tomorrow I’m planning a lower intensity endurance-type ride, and then on Christmas Day, 5 minute VO2max intervals.

VO2 max intervals on the airdyne are brutal. Blood has to go to legs and arms, so your heart has to work really hard.

Then I plan to eat turkey and drink beer. :muscle::poultry_leg::beer::beer:

2 Likes

I’ll try and get out for an hour or two in the morning when the roads are empty! :grin:

4 Likes

Bringing my mountainbike with me to my parents house, there is a 13 km route 10km’s away from them.

Haven’t been on a mountain bike for over a year and half so I am looking forward to this and afterwards enjoying all the great food and drinks!

2 Likes

I moved my planned workout, but might go for a family ride just to get out of the house.

It was tempting to go full “Daley Thompson” and train on Christmas day:

“I train twice on Christmas Day because I know the others aren’t training at all. It gives me two extra days.”

6 Likes

Training plan (SSB Mid Volume 1) says I’m doing Carillon, so yep.

2 Likes

My recovery week starts tomorrow, so i’ll be doing an easy spin Christmas day. It’ll make me feel better about all the food i’ll be inhaling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Christmas Day Parkrun for me :grinning: :running_man:

1 Like

Would love to but as we have all the family at my house I will not get the chance.

1 Like

Ramp test for me, hoping Santa has new watts under the tree for me :sweat_smile::gift::boom::evergreen_tree:

14 Likes

I’ve decided that because I’d like to stay married I will not even be entertaining the idea of training over Christmas! :grin:

10 Likes

Goddard is on the cards for me so far. But, depending on weather, I might see if I can get outside.

2 Likes

I’ve been on nights for the last 5 and one more left to go until I get two days off for Christmas and Boxing Day (It’s only 1 week a year) So with only those two days I’m making the most of it with either a TR ride or if it’s dry, an outdoor ride before collecting my daughter from the Ex

1 Like

Ramp testing at 5am on Christmas Morning to start SSB2MV.

2 Likes

I enjoy marriage too…will not be training! However do have a club TT on boxing day morning

4 Likes

Depends on the weather here in Shrewsbury (UK). If it’s good, then certainly a short-ish spin out. If not, then the TR Calendar says I should be riding ‘Mills’ (60 mins). Merry Christmas everyone! Stay safe.

1 Like

Frissel -1 on Xmas, it’s only 1:15 so it’ll be easy to get in during the afternoon. Most of the action and travel happens Xmas eve for us.

1 Like

I’ll be knocking out Carson sometime in the morning.

1 Like