Why is Live stream/Youtube episode longer than the PoDCAST

I can understand wanting to people to watch live. @Jonathan as I said earlier why not make the full version available to members in a members feed. That way you get the bet of both worlds. You encourage people to join if they want to listen later to the extra content and members get it as a value add for being a member.

2 Likes

Our goal with the podcast is to make all cyclists faster, not only TrainerRoad users. As such, we won’t be putting podcast content behind any sort of paywall :slight_smile: .

We’ll go ahead and include the live questions in the podcast feed (Yay!).

We still hope you’ll tune in on YouTube every once in a while and if circumstances allow, it would be great to have you join us live too. :slight_smile: .

25 Likes

Thanks Jonathan. I appreciate the change. I like to listen when I’m out on my bike as it drives me on. I don’t want to spoil it before the ride :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks @Jonathan for the update.
That’s why myself and all your other subscribers love TR so much - you’re one of those rare companies that listen to their customers and act on their requests. Cheers!

4 Likes

Whatever it takes to make y’all faster! :heart:

9 Likes

Many thanks. As a UK TR user it’s near impossible to catch podcast live so great to have questions on audio podcast…but do usually catch it on YouTube as prefer to see you lot as well as hear you (God only know’s why!!!)

3 Likes

The one day I could sneak away and watch the live was the week it wasn’t held live lol!

Thanks Jonathan!!!

4 Likes

Thanks Jonathon, awesome. Keep up the fantastic work you guys do.

1 Like

Hi @Jonathan, thanks for the consideration regarding the inclusion of the live commentary into the podcast. It’s great for your listeners outside the USA, which I’m quite sure is a lot. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you! :raised_hands:

I was one of the original complainers so I’m thrilled all your amazing content will be in the standard podcast!

I realize there’s a social media benefit to livestreams, so to help with that, maybe you guys could do a full episode of live questions once in a while, AMA-style? It’d still be recorded and put in the podcast feed, but a full 1.5 hours of fielding live questions would probably draw a large crowd. I think asking questions real-time, is the biggest reason to join the livestream…well that and the chat :speech_balloon: banter!? :wink:

Just a thought…keep up the great work!

2 Likes

And that is exactly why I’ll keep paying my membership, absolutely brilliant response @Jonathan and TrainerRoad gang. Chapeau!

3 Likes

Worthy of 5 Star rating, which I have now done!

2 Likes

Hello Jonathan,

I think adding everything into the podcast, won’t reduce the number of live viewers/listeners.

I used to find it weird and never understood why there would often be two intro’s towards the beginning and then two rounds of “goodbye’s” in the later portions.

Keep it simple.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for that Jonathan. We appreciate it!!!

1 Like

Thank you very much. I had to chime in because I love the podcast but often am only able to listen the audio. I friggin love TR!

1 Like

I dropped a 5 star review for your willingness to change based on user feedback. Well done!

1 Like