Why is Mary Austin changed?

That is a disturbing song/video. Lol

I do that for all the workouts that aren’t easy. The warmups are an interval by themselves for most workouts. So I spin for 5-10 min before starting.
The only warmup I’ve found good is the slow ramp in tempo workouts like Phoenix.

Just did Mary Austin -1 and it was STILL hard, but in a good way.

1 Like

Aphex Twin! That’s pretty much perfect for those dreadful last minutes of a hard workout!

Thanks for reminding me of this tune, it’s one of my all time favorites.

Cheers

Looks like the tuesday morning VO2 sessions have all changed in SSBII MV. Shorter and more of them and some 125% efforts compared to the slow progression towards 5x3m @120. Is the general concensus that we should be upgrading our own plans?

1 Like

Nevermind…found the details here:

Chad, just wanted to let you know I finally conquered Leconte and Mary Austin. I have to say that I felt some pressure to do well as the original whiner of this thread. Mission accomplished!

4 Likes

Nice job! How does it feel?

It feels fantastic. In all honesty I think Kaiser was worse. Not sure if I had a bad day that day or not because I didn’t think Spencer was nearly as bad.

Lamarck broke me on the third interval. Backed it off 5% for that one… then got pissed at myself and pushed it back up for the last interval. Just brutal.

Lamarck is beastly. 2 min recovery goes by so fast

How do the results from workouts like Mary Austin (pyramids) differ from workouts like McAdie (under/over)?

McAdie is a tough workout. But not close to MA.
What makes MA hard is that it’s about 3x20min at threshold with step ups. That’s pretty much an hour at threshold withshort breaks.
McAdie is 4x12 with very short overs and a decent recovery.

That wasn’t the question but thanks for the description, lol.

Can you clarify then? Don’t understand the question.