Worldwide Disaster 2019, The Official Launch!

Back by Popular Demand . . . Worldwide Disaster 2019, The Official Launch!

• “Inspiring and satisfying. Difficult, motivational. Fun, challenging, rewarding. Epic, tough, character building. Team work.”

• An estimated 100 users spanning 14 time zones from around the world participated in Worldwide Disaster Workout Day, 2018. Last year’s Disaster Workout was a huge success, and soon it’ll be happening again!

• We’re happy to announce the 2019 Disaster Workout event!

When:

• Worldwide Disaster Day: 14 December 2019

• Worldwide Disaster WEEK: 9-15 December 2019

• Although the main event will be on 14 December, social support via the Forum and Discord will be up and running for all Disaster riders for the entire week!

What’s Disaster, you ask?

• Disaster is Coach Chad’s workout inspired by the “kitchen sink” workout, (created by Hunter Allen) designed to include a little bit of everything.

• Since it contains such a variety, it’s the perfect test of all systems – from aerobic all the way up to neuromuscular. If you have a weakness, Disaster will show you.
  • Thanks to generous help from Coach Chad, we have three official Disaster iterations:

The event is aimed at getting as many users as possible attempting this awe-inspiring feat of indoor testing. Choose your own level of challenge and join the community in some “self-inflicted torture.” We’ll be working to create a schedule with signups so you’ll always know when someone else will be riding with you.

Join us for Worldwide Disaster 2019!

FAQ

• Q: Will there be another t-shirt?

• A: We’re currently in the planning stages for a t-shirt for the 2019 event and, as with last year, all money raised through t-shirt sales will benefit World Bicycle Relief. Even though charity isn’t the focus of our event, last year the TR community raised over $400 through t-shirt sales, so we’d love to beat that this year.
  • Q: Will there be an outdoor version of Disaster available?

• A: Not for 2019. For those wishing to do a similar workout, we’d suggest doing Hunter Allen’s “Kitchen Sink” workout from which Disaster is based.
  • Q: Will there be a Disaster+1 version made available?

• A: Disaster-2, Disaster-1, and the full Disaster are very difficult workouts. However, for those of you who feel you need even more we would suggest importing the full Disaster workout into Workout Creator and adding any additional intervals you feel appropriate.

Discord Voice Chat :

The Disaster Planning Committee

43 Likes

We’re very happy to release the 2019 Disaster Week T-Shirt!

With huge huge thanks to @Double-A who updated the design for us, you can now purchase your “Official” Worldwide Disaster 2019 T-Shirt via Teespring.

As with last year, all proceeds go to World Bicycle Relief

For signups, please see the official post: Disaster Week, Countdown & Update

Discord Voice Chat :

3 Likes

@fairwarrior Happy now? :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok, never done it before and against my better judgment I’m in :+1:

Is there a set start time?

3 Likes

Okay I think I am in on this gig lol why not sure but this sorta of punishment sounds like a good idea lol!

4 Likes

No single set time. I will be adding a poll to allow people to set their desired day or time.

• We are doing single day’s for the regular days (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sun).
  • We are doing general time blocks for the “main event” on Saturday.

Essentially, we keep it flexible and allow people to start when works best for them. But they can potentially coordinate based on what the see for the various days & Times.

7 Likes

Fantastic, thank you guys!! Great work!! :+1::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Will try to participate this year, just have to find the day and time during the weekend that suits best considering the other possible obligations. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m in

2 Likes

Added it to my TR calendar!

2 Likes

Oh it’s on like donkey kon

4 Likes

Tentatively added to the official WDD now.

2 Likes

I am in. Training for a middle distance in June 2020 and looking to do the Amstel Gold race in April, 240 km sportive.

2 Likes

The app is super easy to use and it is now in my calendar. I’ll buy the t-shirt too but I am in Hamburg Germany

2 Likes

The variety of Disaster actually fits very well with races like Flanders/Amstel Gold, etc. A lot of variety in the efforts and a need to run through all of your systems. Should be a good test a few months out from your event!

Hmmmm…my cross season will be over by then so maybe I’ll give it a go.

3 Likes

Can’t wait. It falls just before a recovery week for me.

3 Likes

Have penciled in -1 for this year. Its that or Leconte… so… sure :smiley:

2 Likes

LOL, decisions… decisions :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow! Even the -2 version is pretty long.

If you are doing it mid plan should you push the week so not to mess it around too much?

1 Like