Back by Popular Demand . . . Worldwide Disaster 2019, The Official Launch!
“Inspiring and satisfying. Difficult, motivational. Fun, challenging, rewarding. Epic, tough, character building. Team work.”
An estimated 100 users spanning 14 time zones from around the world participated in Worldwide Disaster Workout Day, 2018. Last year’s Disaster Workout was a huge success, and soon it’ll be happening again!
We’re happy to announce the 2019 Disaster Workout event!
Worldwide Disaster Day: 14 December 2019
Worldwide Disaster WEEK: 9-15 December 2019
Although the main event will be on 14 December, social support via the Forum and Discord will be up and running for all Disaster riders for the entire week!
What’s Disaster, you ask?
Disaster is Coach Chad’s workout inspired by the “kitchen sink” workout, (created by Hunter Allen) designed to include a little bit of everything.
- Since it contains such a variety, it’s the perfect test of all systems – from aerobic all the way up to neuromuscular. If you have a weakness, Disaster will show you.
Thanks to generous help from Coach Chad, we have three official Disaster iterations:
The event is aimed at getting as many users as possible attempting this awe-inspiring feat of indoor testing. Choose your own level of challenge and join the community in some “self-inflicted torture.” We’ll be working to create a schedule with signups so you’ll always know when someone else will be riding with you.
For more complete information, see An Unofficial Guide to Disaster, v 2.0
Some other helpful resources from last year’s event:
Join us for Worldwide Disaster 2019!
Q: Will there be another t-shirt?
- A: We’re currently in the planning stages for a t-shirt for the 2019 event and, as with last year, all money raised through t-shirt sales will benefit World Bicycle Relief. Even though charity isn’t the focus of our event, last year the TR community raised over $400 through t-shirt sales, so we’d love to beat that this year.
Q: Will there be an outdoor version of Disaster available?
- A: Not for 2019. For those wishing to do a similar workout, we’d suggest doing Hunter Allen’s “Kitchen Sink” workout from which Disaster is based.
Q: Will there be a Disaster+1 version made available?
- A: Disaster-2, Disaster-1, and the full Disaster are very difficult workouts. However, for those of you who feel you need even more we would suggest importing the full Disaster workout into Workout Creator and adding any additional intervals you feel appropriate.
Discord Voice Chat :
- Main App Site and Info: https://discordapp.com/
- Discord App Downloads: https://discordapp.com/download
- “Disaster” Event Chat Rroom: https://discord.gg/b7e3SSw
The Disaster Planning Committee