Congratulations to all TrainerRoad users who participated in the 2018 WorldWide Disaster Day (WWDD)!
We would love to get your feedback on this year’s event so that we can make it even better next year.
- Please answer the questions in the link above.
- Your individual information will remain confidential.
- We will only provide summary information for the benefit of all TR community members. Thank You!
December 15, 2018
Start Time Schedule: Time Converter - To convert from GMT into your local time zone (or vice-versa).
7 pm GMT
10 pm GMT
- @Tuomas - 7 am Tokyo
5 am GMT
6 am GMT
7 am GMT
8 am GMT
9 am GMT
- @zwillis1 - 10 am CET - Zach Willis
- @Cigarmeister - 10 am CET
- @123antonhuber - 10 am CET
- @John_Hallas - John Hallas
- @tribuddha - 4 am Ontario
- @coeurcycliste - UK
- @GeorgeAnderson - Scotland (UK)
- @Peter - 10 am CEST
9:30 am GMT
11 am GMT
12 pm GMT
1 pm GMT
2 pm GMT
3 pm GMT
4 pm GMT
5 pm GMT
- @bobmac - 9 am PST
Despite the planned schedule above, we are encouraging people to take on this challenge any day that works for them this December.
Commemorative Event T-Shirt:
- 100% of the proceeds going to World Bicycle Relief.
Discord Voice Chat:
- Main App Site and Info: https://discordapp.com/
- Discord App Downloads: https://discordapp.com/download
- “Disaster” Event Chat Rroom: https://discord.gg/b7e3SSw
"Disaster" full workout, Original & evil workout devised by Coach Chad Timmerman.
"Disaster -1" workout, Cloned and made to 3/4 interval duration by Cameron Sumerson.
“Disaster -2” workout, Cloned and made to 1/2 the interval count & shortened recoveries (5 mins instead of 8 mins) by Chad McNeese.
- Team Access, (Allow loading the Disaster workout variants).
Facebook Related Event:
- Here is a link to the Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/295396634393269/
Updated December 3, 2018:
We are expanding Disaster day by encouraging the use of any of the Disaster workouts above for the day.
This means you can use the 1/2 or 3/4 version of Disaster if the full 4+ hour beast is too much.
- The central idea here is to pick a workout that stretches you to a new level of work and time on the trainer. The 1/2 version may well be double the time you have done on a trainer in the past.
- So choose any version that seems like a challenge, and maybe even scares you a bit, and join us all in a test of ourselves.
It takes a strong mind to purposely put yourself through pain like this, but since they say miserly loves company… we’re going to do it together.
Shared suffering is an important building block of camaraderie, so hop on your bike and support your buddies.
As much fun as I think this could be, I fear it may later be classified under the umbrella of “good initiative, bad judgment.” Won’t know until we try!
Feel free to take breaks as need for stretching, nature breaks, and refilling bottles. This is meant as a fun challenge and the workout will be more than enough.
We aren’t mandating particular rules. We just want people to take on an impressive workout and push themselves past the point they have tried on a trainer… and maybe have a little fun along the way.
We have several “leaders” set to start the workout at a particular time.
Please reply below if you have interest in participating in this silly but fun challenge. Include a planned start time in your local Time Zone, and Chad will list it in the schedule above.