WorldWide "Disaster" Day - Dec 15, 2018

This is a really stupid idea. Why am I considering it? :wink:

3 Likes

In the words of Mac from Super Troopers - Do eeeeetttttt

2 Likes

Iā€™m in.

1 Like

Mad idea for sureā€¦ please put FatherDamo2 down for a 7am GMT start! Have to amend my calendar now :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll be using Zwift for visuals and regardless of their calendar Iā€™ll be touring around Watopia, for those doing the same what shall we put in brackets after our usernames for identifying each other? (WWDD) ?
e.g. Iā€™ll be on there as F.Damo2(WWDD)

4 Likes

Got you added.

Yeah, that tag works great.

i will try and do the half at 15:00 GMT. I always avoid 90 minute rides on a trainer and so the half will be more than enough for me.

2 Likes

Got you added.

Iā€™ll be Zwifting my way through Disaster as well starting at 9am GMT, so will hopefully see you on the loop! Any idea which route youā€™ll be favoring? We could also see about getting a ā€œjoin riderā€ train going and just see how many of us hop into the group as the day goes on.

2 Likes

The Zwift schedule has us in London.

PC and Mac users can hack if we want Watopia.

Iā€™m open to routes if anyone has preference.

My preference would be Watopia, but happy to go along with whatever consensus is. The Pretzel? Iā€™m still going for the Tron Bike, so as much climbing as possible! :joy:

1 Like

I love the Pretzel.

1 Like

Yeah, Pretzel sounds good, might get a few circuits in, fours hours in Watopia I sure we could cover every road! Might even get a quick climb of Alpe du Zwift inā€¦

The fact its not on the calendar will ensure map isnā€™t too congested, will be easier spotting others, normally only get a few hundred on there when Watopia is ā€œoff calendarā€

Tee-shirt ordered :slight_smile: !!

1 Like

@summerson - thanks for creating Disaster-3/4. I did it today (ride is posted in Teams).

@mcneese.chad - Please add me to the 12/15 list. It looks like I will be the last to start so far . . . 9am PST.

@All Fellow TRers: 12-15 will be challenging, but fun! Thanks to all that are making this happen! and good luck to everyone, whether you do 1/2, 3/4 or the full disaster.

4 Likes

Nice! As far as I know youā€™re the only other person who has done the 3/4. It was harder than I expected, but I feel like itā€™s a good representation of what to expect on 12/15.

3 Likes

Thanks! and to you as well for doing it!

2 Likes

Got you added.

1 Like

Did the half (short recovery). Will need to taper for it Iā€™d say, or at least skip the run the day before (and the 6 IPAā€™s!). 4 of those threshold intervals is going to be ā€œfunā€!

2 Likes

Iā€™m saving up all the IPAs for the post-Disaster feast.

3 Likes

@summerson, @mcneese.chad I just noticed in the ā€œWorkout Info:ā€ at the top of this thread that there is no link to the 3/4 version. Maybe thatā€™s the reason that it has been just two of us that have done it thus far :smile:

2 Likes

I need to add that. I will do that when I get a chance on my PC (phone only now).

1 Like