WorldWide "Disaster" Day - Dec 15, 2018

I was probably just going to throw in a quick Truuli -2 or something like it, depending on how I feel. A stressful busy week of work (so far) just before Disaster isn’t ideal. :rage:

1 Like

@mcneese.chad is there an official hashtag for the event that people can post with? Whether yearly or in general…

Sorry you got sick. I am just over mine. Not fun at all.

1 Like

I haven’t made one for this.

I am open to whatever makes sense. I don’t use them often and may not be the best one to offer a suggestion :stuck_out_tongue:

@mcneese.chad

Can you add me for the Belgian time?
Tnx!

I can, but I need to know exactly what time.

Belgian is just a time zone. When do you want to ride?

8 am gmt

1 Like

Got you added. Welcome :smiley:

Ditto, I have been fighting a sinus infection for about a week, a battle which I had been confident I was winning until this morning. I awoke to the find that the germs had rallied the troops and organized an attack on my throat. No inflammation as of now, yet the distinct burn that is foretelling of the anguish I shall endure in the near future lingers on.
I shall rely heavily on assistance from captain Theraflu in order to survive the week.

Might need a #DisasterMakeupDay

2 Likes

All set up for this. I expect to have a couple of 5 minute breaks as I will need a toilet stop and train in the garage. I might do a full kit change after about 2:30 hours.
I will try Discord - I have a headset and I have installed it but it is difficult cycling and messing with the PCX at the same time.

I expect to be at 100% but I am a bit worried about the 4 * 10’ at threshold which are early on.

I will listen to music or podcast for the first hour or so and then maybe use Netfflix.

I have just finished a new Netflix series called Bad Blood - Mafia style thing - 6 episodes - easy to watch. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Count me in for 05:00 GMT (UK)
Those sprints followed by vo2max intervals towards the end will probably kill me

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve definitely been playing on my mind, more than they probably should, as I wouldn’t fear that as a standalone. Although probably struggled with the sprints more on the half version.

Going for a similar approach of switching between music for the harder intervals and netflix (after finishing No Offence - free on All4 in the UK and Ireland). I’ll try Bad Blood, as I don’t think Narcos Mexico/ subtitles will really work! Have been putting together a “electronic” playlist on Play Music…

1 Like

I find if I make the TR window minimal and move it up to the top of the screen Narcos (and the subtitles) is not a problem.

2 Likes

I’ve two screens 1 for TR and 1 for TV. It’s more my concentration on the harder workouts - I kinda need something that doesn’t require too much concentration!

1 Like

Got you added.

I will most likely be doing that. First week back from 2 weeks with a cold. Did a Ramp test last night. Not sure I can take on the beast. I will see how my Thursday workout goes

We can consider a specific date or just leave it open and encourage people as the can fit it into their schedule best.

1 Like

With Disaster fast approaching (your legs are so gonna hate you!), is there a way for spectators to enjoy the…festivities? Like a website with links to all the different paincams or something? Just wondering…I have this jumbo bag of Costco popcorn I need to start working through, thought this wide-spread Disaster event would be a good place to start. :grin::popcorn:

2 Likes

I plan to put up a “LIVE” thread that will be the day of discussion. People will be able to share active feedback there. There will be the open Discord chat channel (in the top link) that can be listened to all day.

I hope to get a stream going, but have not had the time to test and setup yet, so I may not have it going on Sat. I hope to play with it on Friday (day off from work).

1 Like

I’ll try and set up on the dischord group so you can hear my fluent swearing. I’ll be on Zwift as well.

2 Likes

Hey Chad can you move me from 3PM to 4PM GMT (8AM PST)? You can throw my buddy @porschevy in there as well, we’ll be suffering in my garage together

3 Likes