WorldWide "Disaster" Day - Dec 15, 2018

You can run discord on your phone while using tr…make sure your battery can be charging

3 Likes

I know it’s a thing but I didn’t plan ahead.

This is a good point. No one wants their ride getting lost, even if TR now has a resume workout function… it’s not a time to bug test it!

2 Likes

I’m in! The weather in Ireland is set to be stormy force winds and heavy rain. So Disaster indoors sounds like fun!

5 Likes

Did some hashtag digging, #trdisasterday makes the most sense… Not too long and quite specific. Perhaps #wwdisasterday but I think that may be too general, what you think?

I just know many out there want to document their achievement/occasion appropriately. Maybe you can put in thread title or somewhere where people see.

1 Like

This is probably the most appropriate since it’s not a sanctioned TR event and they were pretty clear on not using the logo on the t-shirt.

2 Likes

@mcneese.chad Count me in, thank you for organizing this utter insanity. 7pm GMT.

Jersey zippered for the finish (seriously) :slightly_smiling_face: . . .

Hi Folks, I was really looking forward to riding Disaster with all of you on Saturday, but a friend from the east coast is coming out to CA and wants to go for an MTB ride with me so I decided to do the ride today.

I was [mostly] well prepared, both physically and mentally, and having done Disaster 3/4 two weeks ago as a recon ride, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. As a last minute decision, I decided to take on the additional challenge of trying to do the entire ride without a break. I got into the “fireworks” section (85% base with 10 x 200% neuromuscular efforts) and started to cramp, so I took a 10 min break for much desired very salty junk food :slightly_smiling_face:, some more electrolytes, and a bit of muscle massaging.

Upon completing the fireworks section, I felt like I escaped from a breakaway and was heading on to a solo victory. So the last section of work (I call "little castle”) became just finishing the event and a feeling of elation came over me. So seriously, I put my jersey back on, Zipped up, and enjoyed the finish. It was special!

Next step:

I did a fair bit of pre-ride analysis and put together notes of tactics to employ that worked well for me. Some of these you will recognize from Coach Chad’s in-ride instructions/tips and others I have learned from training camps. I plan to put all of this into a Google doc that I will make available tomorrow if any of you want to review.

Best of luck on Saturday!!!

17 Likes

You even beat the TSS target! Good job!!

4 Likes

@Nate_Pearson Thanks!

159 max cadence! Blimey! Chapeau mate!

1 Like

@zwillis1 Thanks Zach!

Live thread posted.

@mcneese.chad you will have to take me off the list , focusing on completing my SSB plan and build after that . I will do this workout another time when it suits my calendar better . Best of luck to all of you

2 Likes

Think everything is ready for the morning… 16 hours to go… Avatar set up, tag and awful Christmas jumper selected :wink: I’m going with WWDD for tag as no scrolling required… maybe see some of you around the volcano tomorrow :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is it too early to discuss celebratory recovery drinks?

4 Likes

#goals

Fueling
I am a bigger guy at 84kgs so burn alot of calories. My fueling strategy is critical for such a long trainer session. My plan with carbs is:
Just before I start 1 flapjack, too early for breakfast 20g
Start on 1 sis go energy electrolyte drink 40g
30 minutes in 3 fig rolls 30g and 150mg caffeine for above threshold
60 minutes start on sis beta fuel 80g just before intervals
120 minutes gel 20g
150 minutes beta fuel 80g
180 minutes 150mg caffeine gel 20g
210 minutes after last above threshold interval electrolyte drink and banana 60g
255 minutes finish and recovery drink
380g carbs and about 1500 calories versus 3700 calories burnt est.

What are your plans or anything to share on what worked?

1 Like

test stream is up atm…configuring all the stuff Twitch

1 Like

looks good. riding and cant make tw acnt, but u r good

1 Like