WorldWide Disaster Day - Live Event Discussion

Disaster 2018 Survey Results

Post your chat and encouragement here for yours and all the other WWDD riders.

We already have riders off and riding this beast. Pop in to the voice and text chat on Discord to keep tabs and cheer them on.

Discord Voice & Text Chat :

6 Likes

Done and dusted. 90% was a good call. Finished strong. Break at 1:05:00, 2:35:00 and 3:05:10. Two bottles of HEED, one Hammer Fizz, two water, two bananas, four Hammer gels and bread with peanut butter.

Best of luck to all that are riding this one!

#wwdisasterday #howihammer

35 Likes

Right on!!! Congrats and wear that shirt with pride :smiley:

1 Like

I so want to do this but I so know it will make me sick :joy:. Ya’ll have infected me with the excitement of this!

I’ve also got a recovery week scheduled for next week so this fits pretty well into my training…

15 Likes

Thank goodness for rockers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson There’s always Disaster -1 (3/4 length) and Disaster -2 (1/2 length) for the same taste in a more manageable size.

We are happily encouraging any of the versions for use as part of the “fun”.

I am planning on -2 tomorrow, but Reinstein kinda kicked my booty this morning, so I am in doubt on that a bit.

I will take the great energy and positive thoughts of the group and hit it tomorrow anyway.

3 Likes

You aren’t kidding. They are a lifesaver for events and long rides.

1 Like

HTFU

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

5 Likes

All I can say is it’s more mental than anything and looking forward to my recovery week next week. And…HTFU😜

1 Like

Opener (Truuli -2) done! Food and kit laid out. Bottles in the fridge. Coffee ready for the morning. Let’s do this!

5 Likes

Get some!

1 Like

Just finished an hour ago! My fueling worked well. Breakfast was 2 cups of oatmeal with some brown sugar and apples. I started taking liquid nutrition as soon as I started. One 24 oz. bottle of Tailwind per hour. I also had a couple granola bars because I was out of fig bars. :frowning: I took in ~1100 calories during the ride.

I felt pretty good and kept the intensity at 100% until I got to the sprints. Had to drop it to 90% because it was kicking my butt! After I got through them I was able to go back to 100%. Still struggled a bit, but made it through!
At the three hour mark it really became a question of mental fortitude.
Good luck to the rest of you tomorrow! I’ll try to peek in the chat room while I’m @ work.

19 Likes

Excellent, @heypoolboy78!

Sounds like you nailed it. Those sprints are brutal.

2 Likes

Chapeau!

2 Likes

Nice one!

2 Likes

Got it done (Sydney Australia), 6 bottles of water (no electrolytes etc) no breakfast/caffeine pre-ride (4am start didn’t want to wake the wife and 4 kids) first SIS gel at 1.5 HOURS, SIS Chew at 2.5 hours and SIS gel at 3.5 hours, more or less how I do a long road ride nutrition wise, but a bit more water than usual :stuck_out_tongue: legs were a bit flat for the last “sprints” interval which I don’t think was nutrition related, I was just a bit cooked by then. I averaged 100 rpm overall and at 100 % with minor pauses to check/type into Discord. Post ride coffee then oats, yogurt and fruit. I had planned to eat rice cakes I made last weekend an!d froze for during the ride only to discover the kids had eaten them all through the week…:man_facepalming:

26 Likes

Chapeau!

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Good luck you all with the task at hand, make this day a good one! :+1: My day continues with new handbike assembly / fitting, and trying to recover from the flu that is still stopping me from any training sessions. But, making the new bike a bit more ready for use shall make up for that.

2 Likes