WorldWide Disaster Day - Live Event Discussion

Allez!

5 Likes

2 hours 40 in and I have just had a complete change of clothes and put warmer socks on. One foot is almost numb.
Feeling OK though

8 Likes

Completed Disaster-half by 1705 Australian Eastern Standard Time, at 92% intensity. That’s all my 77 year old legs would do. I’m not sure how I’m going to climb the stairs to bed…

Good luck to all of you doing the full version! 2.5 hours called for a couple of beers afterwards. 4.5 hours will surely call for a 6-pack, so enjoy!

28 Likes

Done… very tough especially between the fireworks sprint intervals…

18 Likes

Excellent effort… have just climbed stairs myself here…48 year old legs were cramping up… go steady!!

3 Likes

Chapeau!

1 Like

Way to get it! Chapeau!

1 Like

Managed 4 hours and ran out of time. Grocery shopping :joy:
Happy to get through the intervals especially the sprints which hurt and kudos to all giving it a go! :+1:

15 Likes

Done and dusted. Those 200% sprints at the end was a no go for me. Had to backpedal through those. Took one bathroom braek after 4x10min efforts and 8min coffe break after 2 min vo2 efforts. It was hard workout but everyone knows that already.

Btw. When is next WWDD? :thinking:

12 Likes

Never ever ever again!!!

I was doing the -1. Ended early through a combination of not wanting to puke all over the floor (thanks 200% sprints) and running out of time. Small bit of fail.

Great chat with Zach and Damo while pedaling around the volcano. Fell short of the 25 laps too obviously.

16 Likes

Done! Was very hard… Especially the VO2 max. And the sprints during the sweetspot block finished me off…

16 Likes

2 hours 18 minutes in. So far so good! Just finished “Die Hard” movie. Moving on to “Die Harder” :wink:

7 Likes

Chapeau!

1 Like

Nicely done

2 Likes

Nicely done, brenph

1 Like

Yeah! I love you all! My trainer was send to Tacx yesterday so I couldn’t participate. But ladies and guys: FIGHT THE PAIN!

6 Likes

Well done Benph. No shame in early finish. I managed only 2.5 hrs.Haha, only!

2 Likes

Well done. I had gloves on for first hour! Lol !,

2 Likes

Im not sure that that’s how “type 2” fun works…

1 Like

Hey @Nate_Pearson - do us a solid and give a stat recap on participants across all variations (full, -1 and -2) for the time frame December 1 thru the weekend?

4 Likes