WorldWide Disaster Day - Live Event Discussion

Nice

1 Like

Done done it! Didnā€™t turn it down but took a couple short breaks along the way.

16 Likes

Done. A bit of a last minute entry but I like a challenge and it worked out nicely replacing the last long ride in Traditional Base 3 for me. Felt pretty good aside from the later VO2 stuff and the sprints but managed to up the intensity on the last interval to finish me off.

Iā€™m a Zwift novice but did it on the Volcano circuit and saw a few of you guys on the way round. That helped with the motivation a good deal. I extended the cooldown to hit 150km and see if Zwift would give me any prizes but there was nothing. Miserable gits :rofl:

Chapeau to all who attempted any Disaster version :muscle::smiley::beer:

18 Likes

I saw you there, nice work! I didnā€™t choose the volcano at the start and headed over there too late to get the 25 laps, though. :tired_face:

3 Likes

Yeah it was absolutely freezing in the garage here in Limerick too. Really hard to get the balance right when the fan pours freezing air at you and the no fan option means you just overheat!

4 Likes

I saw the 25 lap thing when I scanned through the other thread and quickly learned how to swap worlds :blush:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not an ā€œonlyā€ ride!

Anyone completing any variation of disaster today should be rightly proud of themselves

4 Likes

Totally agreed. I want to do the big D too, but the -2 was plenty of work today. Its actually a heck of a great workout.

Total respect to ALL Disaster riders for this event, no matter the version. Some are setting personal records for trainer rides by each one. Itā€™s all about pushing your own boundaries.

12 Likes

Will be good if @Nate_Pearson can tell us the total amount of attempts/completions for this ride today :smiley:

9 Likes

It wasnā€™t perfect but it is complete!! Thank you to @mcneese.chad and @zwillis1 for putting this together! Good luck and congratulations to every who has completed, is in process , or is scheduled the rest of the day! image|281x500

10 Likes

No apologies allowed, man.

2 Likes

Still says Disaster from where Iā€™m sitting. Chapeau!

3 Likes

Completed 95% intensity fueled by Skratch, Cliff Bloks, and Natureā€™s Bakery Fig bars

5 Likes

Have ordered a t shirt but delivery due early Jan. Not quite sure why such a long turn around.
Looking forward to it arriving though.

3 Likes

Done and dusted, saddle was extremely uncomfortable towards the end and couldnā€™t wait to get off the bike but had a blast and the conncept of ā€˜suffering togetherā€™ definitely helped. Thanks and well done to everyone who completes any version of it!

16 Likes

Not strong, but I did it. I watched All For One after listening to the most recent podcast. I think thatā€™s my new strategy. Watch fave team and be motivated.

Itā€™s time for a shower beer and food.

24 Likes

Chapeau!

2 Likes

Finished Disaster-1. Longest ride Iā€™ve ever done. Iā€™m tired, but super comfortable in my new t-shirt. Thanks everyone, itā€™s been a great morning.

17 Likes

Done D-1!

Longest trainer ride by hoursā€¦ lot of fun and with all the mixture and doing it with a friend it was mentally much easier than many much shorter rides Iā€™ve done!

Thanks for organising and motivating me to do the challenge!

14 Likes

One for the books, ladies and gentlemen. Iā€™m cookedā€¦and starving! Proud to have finished this badboy, and proud of every single of you who did it too! This is NO joke.

16 Likes