WorldWide "Disaster" Day - Dec 15, 2018

In. I would like to do one before Thanksgiving and another before Christmas. I usually do a few hours of trainer and 30-49 minutes of lifting. I started when I was nearly 200lbs. The family has given me the hours to get my workouts done pre brunch. Post dinner, we go on a 5 mile run as a family. Granted, it is a tad slower than it used to be but it gets done. Pretty much opposite of a typical American Holiday. #disaster

2 Likes

I love the idea of this but not sure at this point whether I can make that day. Thanks @mcneese.chad for the inspiration and for the disaster-half - should be a great varied weekend workout

1 Like

In.

2 Likes

I love this kinda type 2 fun.
In Mountain Time zone so would like to start at 2pm GMT

1 Like

Got you added, @tbulger.

Hello,

Why do we need to register? Canā€™t you just add the workout to the calendar? Is TR doing group rides now?

No need to register, really. Itā€™s just for fun.

We are trying to make this more of a ā€œgroupā€ event considering how challenging the workout it.

Build a bit of comradeship and share the pain in an effort to make it through the whole beast.

2 Likes

Gave the half a bash today, full fat version gonna be fun.

12 Likes

Nice. :smiley:
I think your the 1st to do the Half.

How did you feel during & after?

1 Like

Fine during and after. Hit the numbers ok. Having said that I think the full version with longer intervals is gonna be an entirely different story

1 Like

Ha, I did the Half this morning too! Absolutely killer workout, and I love how itā€™s broken up. I think the full deal is going to be a behemoth of a workout, but doableā€”the thought of doubling some of those harder intervals is pretty intimidating, though.

The Half may be one of my new favorites. 2:30 that doesnā€™t feel at all like itā€™s that long. Already looking forward to doing it again.

8 Likes

Straight through? Any break? Considering it

Stopped once to take a pee, but otherwise straight through (save for the normal ā€œstop and stretch my legsā€ breaks that take about 10-15 seconds). I had about 3 minutes of total stops.

3 Likes

:+1:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, Cameron. Iā€™m excited this is working for a prep and a workout on itā€™s own. :smiley:

2 Likes

Count me in. 12pm GMT

1 Like

Got you added.

Literally all of us

18 Likes

Well done, sir. Well done. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@mcneese.chad I am in for 9am GMTā€¦

1 Like