WorldWide "Disaster" Day - Dec 15, 2018

1 Like

Thanks. Will look into this.

1 Like

Count me in the Oceania group

3 Likes

All you need to add at the bottom ‘yes I am, Insane, what made you ask?’

2 Likes

I am planning on starting 6 am CST. I want to be able eat those 2k calories for lunch! :pizza::hamburger::ice_cream::doughnut::cookie:

4 Likes

10am CET, 9am GMT. Although could postpone and co-lead with @BrianHardin or go earlier (7-8am CET) to have more time coverage.

1 Like

Got you added at the times listed for now.

I am listing GMT first and sorting by that so we can see the coverage. We can tweak as we go forward. I might shift to an odd time in GMT to make for even 2 or 4 hour gaps.

I just want it on record that you all are certifiable. The whole time I was creating and tweaking this workout, I didn’t really expect people to attempt it let alone complete it. But fortune favors the bold, so best of luck to all of you!

33 Likes

Hi @Double-A, you’re A-OK as long as you design the tee without the logo.

3 Likes

Ha, that’s awesome!

Discouraging and motivating at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess we will see how good or bad an idea this really is in a few months.

To steal that line… if Coach Chad builds it, they will do the workout.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but the workout profile looks very cityscape like. That coupled with the words “worldwide “Disaster”” just looks odd to me, without anything else to explain what it is. Again, probably just me, but I’d be worried some may get the wrong idea. Maybe include some kind of cycling reference since you can’t use the TR logo?

EDIT: Sorry, this is in reference to the shirt design above.

2 Likes

That’s important feedback. Did actually cross my mind. I have a couple ideas to mitigate that, including @chad’s own words :blush:. Thanks very much for checking it out.

1 Like

@Double-A I was just think that quote from @chad would be perfect for the shirt! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Maybe it should just say “Fatigue is no excuse for bad form”

9 Likes

Haha! I hope that isn’t part of the workout text. “Welcome to Disaster, you maniac.”

5 Likes

Not sure if we’re reporting times here or what, but my plan is to start at 10:00 AM CST.

Also, let me know on shirts. I’m not suffering for 4 hours and 15 minutes without having some sort of public brag to show for it.

2 Likes

I second that notion. @Double-A are you spear heading or do we need to grab some options?

I have your time added to the lead post (at the end of that one).

I adjusted mine to be on and Odd time in GMT (because your time matched mine on GMT).

We can adjust as needed too. My time is as early as I can make, and I may well shift to later (or match yours).

1 Like

If I can take off from work, I may start at 0500 or 0600 CST and jump in ZWIFT if others do likewise.

1 Like

I will be looking to start my effort at 6am AEDT.

1 Like