Year round subscription to TR, who's thinking of it or does it?

Do you mean that they really will never increase your yearly subscription? For ever?

@Nate_Pearson has said on the podcast that users will be grandfathered in as long as he is CEO.

3 Likes

I generally use TR from Oct to May (been on since 2015), but only last month I switched to a yearly sub to lock my grandfathered price. Considering that outdoor rides are now included, a decent calendar, performance analytics, future updates with great features make it very good value. Brilliant workouts and training plans, excellent podcasts, the superb customer service, accessible user/management interaction and this great forum, itā€™s unbeatable value.

edit: quotation

2 Likes

I live in Texasā€¦ Iā€™m almost the opposite of everyone else, during the winter I want to ride outside in the wonderful weather and in the summer I am hiding indoors away from the sun!

However, since I work a day job and have a family, pleasant weather or not I find that my opportunities to ride are in the dark. A year-round subscription makes sense because regardless of the season, my trainer is ready to go.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of great replies here, so I donā€™t have much to add. I too am a year-round TR subscriber. Iā€™ve only been seriously training for about 2 years. I find that by the time I get through Base-Build-Specialty Iā€™m already looking forward to next season. I use TR significantly in-between ending the Specialty phase in June/July and restarting a new Base in Dec/Jan. I have a family and significant time constraints, so I ride indoors through the summer frequently and bang out 60-90 minute workouts during the week that would otherwise be lost if I was only riding outdoors. For me, riding outdoors is a 2+ hour endeavor, and for MTB that rises to over 4 hours by the time I include drive time to trails. I just donā€™t have that kind of time consistently enough to maintain fitness. Iā€™d prefer to ride 5x a week consistently, than 1-2x outside.

Iā€™m in NorCal and feel similar although itā€™s a dry heat out here. Mornings in the summer are beautiful, but I work for a company on the East Coast and am in meetings by 7am.

giphy

3 Likes

I signed up for a year after beating my goal for my A event. I saw my training tank after I did what I set out to do. Signing up for the year was the motivation I needed to sprinkle hard structured training throughout mountain bike season.

The benefit: my ftp was not in the toilet come fall. I held it through the whole season. Now that it is snowing again, I donā€™t have a decision to make, I just jump on and train for my next goal.

The yearly subscription is the way to go.

2 Likes