Your best bib short recommendations

Does anyone know of any bib shorts that have a more classic shorter leg cut? I’m not talking hot pants, but something that cuts off a good few inches above the knee. Anything in the UK/europe would be a bonus.

1 Like

Shimano S-Phyre bibs have a short leg, which is great for me. Not sure how easy they are to get hold of these days though.

Mike

1 Like

I love my S-phyre bibs but I got them for €35. They’re not worth €250/€300 but I’d say around €100 they’re a bargain imho.

I ordered a pair of the $65 black bibs, I used them for a two hour trainer ride, they felt great and seem well made. The chamois pad is nice.
Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

I picked up a pair of the Velocio Luxe bib shorts recently, and if the the long term review is consistent with the early returns…holy crap. They are NICE!

I’ve gone through trying a number of different bibs over the last year and found my favorites are the Giordana Exo, Giordana FR-C (both run small, I size up one), and Chapter 3 origin (runs about true to size). All 3 are on the pricier end, but I’ve gotten them all for around half retail via sales. Following these, the Endura (tend to run a little large) are a second favorite. They don’t seem to last as long, and the chamois is a little thinner, but still pretty comfortable.

I have also tried cheapy Amazon/Ebay kits that were varying degrees of ‘ok’, the “worlds best” black from Poland, a variety of performance bike, and some Louis Garneau. All are ‘ok’ for shorter outdoor rides, but if I am on the trainer or going any longer than 2 hours, I reach for the Giordana/Chpt 3. They have the best compression, overall balance of fit/breathability, but most importantly, just have great chamois that seem to reduce or minimize discomfort over the long haul.

I keep hearing good things about Rapha and Assos as well, but haven’t tried bibs from either.

My favourite bibs I own are a pair of Endura FS-260 and a pair of Skins DNAmic.

Assos are probably my least favourite pair. They don’t seem to last as well as even significantly cheaper pairs I own and are not much more comfortable.