Your Guilty Pleasure Workout Song

“No Easy Way Out” from the Rocky IV soundtrack is ‘guilty pleasure’ brilliance.

BRILLIANCE! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This weekend I made my 11-year-old watch Rocky IV and explained to him that real men train in Siberia by lifting up draft horses and carrying logs through the snow. He wasn’t amused. That song is worth 10-20 watts all day long.

1 Like
1 Like

I watch Live Chess.

with Godspeed You Black Emperor in the background.

4 Likes

Despicito by Justin Bieber

You must be riding long intervals!

Trainer roads ask a cycling coach podcast presented by trainerroad

1 Like

I’ve added Safety Dance by Men Without Hats to my playlist recently. Ha Definitely seems to keep my cadence in a good spot. And the music video sure is entertaining.

1 Like

I am adding this to my mix ASAP! HAHAHA *Strikes S-pose “Safety Dance!”

My go to song for the bitter end of a hard workout is “Bro-Hymn” by Pennywise. It just gets me so amped up like I’m riding into battle. I think I’ll add “The Immigrant Song” by Led Zepplin too for the same reason.

1 Like

“Otherside” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is always a good one
“Girls Like You” by The Naked and Famous

I’m unashamed and totally rocking out to 80’s synthwave mixes on Youtube. No lyrics and fast-paced retro video game vibes.

1 hour: Dystopia - A Synthwave Mix - YouTube
2 hour: - YouTube

I created a Cycle playlist and just throw stuff in there and let it repeat. The podcast goes in mix on easier days.

Pretty much anything by Imagine Dragons right now… I mean how can those not get you amped!!!

2 Likes

Soundtrack from “American Flyers”

New favorite: Shake it Off by Taylor Swift

Carmina burana - o fortuna

3 Likes

Eminem’s latest, Venom, got me through a few intervals I was struggling on. Kings of Leon is another fav lately.

Too many to list (mostly 90’s pop) but lately I have been listening to “shallow” by Lady Gaga from the star is born movie. There is just something about her voice that gets me in the zone with that song. Bradley Cooper was susprisingly good as well.

Either I have terrible taste in music or some of you don’t understand what a guilty pleasure song is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have a few Taylor Swift tracks but ‘Man In Motion’ has to be my favorite terrible song.

5 Likes