Your personal best way to lose some fat - anecdotes / experiences / examples of what kicked your ***

Ha ha, common sense and moderation don’t seem to be words in my vocabulary. But I’m world class in excess and exaggeration :grin:. Hopefully my story will help prevent someone from doing the same dumb mistakes, suffice to say after 8 days of training camp and 28000Kj according to the power meter I managed to gain 5kg - while the rest of the guys I was with lost 1-2 kg each. We ate the same stuff, only I’m 10 years older than the guys I train with, pretty sure my age has something to do with this too.

But again, I know what to do and as I already mentioned I’ve recently had the best fueled ride of my life, 5 hours at race pace, taking in a steady 250kcal an hour. I think my gut is getting back to normal now.

I have a dexa scan scheduled next week and want to follow the Racing Weight Quick Start program for the next 8 weeks. I promised myself to be a bit more reasonable this time, I will not go back to cakes and pastries at the start of my build phase, but I will also try to keep my gut trained by eating something during the exercise - this seems to work best for me. I’ll do another dexa in December to check on the progress.

2 Likes